Friday, July 24, 2015

Amalfi Coast - Sorrento + Amalfi

My friend Allie recently visited us from England for a weekend, and on that Sunday we took her to see the beauty that is the Amalfi Coast. We drove through the coast stopping in the gorgeous towns of Sorrento and Amalfi. Here are some shots from our day trip! I sometimes have a hard time believing I live so close from such a beautiful place. 
It has been so ridiculously hot here that I just wanted to jump in the water.
 We had lunch in Sorrento, in the rooftop terrace of the "La Favorita" Hotel. What an amazing meal with delicious drinks and a lovely view.
 Sorrento is so beautiful, we saw gorgeous sights and lots of dogs, real and fake...
 ...and lots of awesome things for sale.
 Some, not so awesome, but really, really funny... anyone want a flying dick? With pubes?
 After Sorrento, we took a drive down the coast and stopped at Amalfi for some more exploring and food.
 We saw the gorgeous Amalfi cathedral, but we didn't go in because there was a funeral going on, and you know... weird to just be there being touristy while that was happening. I'll have to go back to check it out.
 ...we also saw a very interesting fountain.
 Allie and I were happy to creep on some Koreans enjoying seafood in a cone. It made us feel back in Korea for a moment. And then we had some too. SO GOOD.
 Saw this adorable kitty with his/her two siblings. I was, obviously, *this close* to taking all three of them home.
All of the Amalfi Coast is breathtaking and one of my favorite places in the world and we always have such a good time when we go there. Thanks for stopping by and looking at my photos! 


Love,
Zayda

No comments:

Post a Comment