Monday, March 2, 2015

Ipsy Glam Bag {January 2015}

Hello everyone! It's time for another Ipsy Bag! Today I will be reviewing my January 2014 bag. The theme for this month was "Fresh Start" and as usual, I was happy with the contents of my bag. And I say happy because lately I have seen a lot of hate and complains on Ipsy's Instagram and I really don't get it. This subscription is $10 a month. $10. Shipped to your freaking doorstep.You have, more than likely, paid more than that for a meal at a fast food place.Yet these women on Instagram keep complaining about the products they get in the bag. Listen, the idea for this thing is to try new things. If you're not happy with it, unsubscribe... or EMAIL Ipsy, even though they have a pretty great disclaimer about the stuff you're getting. There are other subscription boxes you can try if you are not happy. Me? I am loving it.

Also, the Ipsy people DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE on Instagram. They have thousands upon thousands of subscribers. You really can't expect for them to actually give a shit, and match your Ipsy account with your Instagram account when you say "Don't send me more eyeliner" or crap like that. If you don't like the eyeliner you got, there are Ipsy trading pages all over Facebook, there's also eBay, there's also something fantabulous called friends, cousins, nieces, co-workers. I am sure someone will take it off your hands. Ok, rant over for now. On to the bag!

This month, the actual bag is quite pretty, in royal blue, white and orange. Perfect size for an on-the-go make up bag. I will be using this one to carry some "Emergency" supplies in my car (Band-aids, Chapstick, Antibac, Rubber Bands, Safety pins, you catch my drift.)

In my bag I got the Real Techniques Fine Liner Brush ($6 on their website, $4.49 on Amazon as an add-on). I love this brush. It is perfect for applying gel eyeliner.
Speaking of Gel Eyeliner, also in my bag was the JCat Fantabulous Gel Eye Liner ($3.99) in 102F, a gorgeous blue black color. I was very pleased to get this in a color that wasn't black, since I already own a black one. Its consistency is great, it goes on smoothly and stays put throughout the day.
Also in the bag, was a sample size, 0.27oz, of the Manna Kadar Sheer Glo Shimmer Lotion ($29 For the 1oz. Full Size on their website, $34 on Amazon) I was a tad disappointed by this one. It looked SO pretty in the tube, but when I swatched it on the back of my hand it almost disappeared. However, I decided to give it a chance using it as a highlighter and it does a pretty nice job, gives you a very subtle glow that I really like. It also works great as a shimmery eye shadow base. I do find it a bit pricy so I don't think I will be purchasing it again.
My favorite thing in the bag was the Pacifica Natural Mineral Coconut Eye Shadow. I can't find any singles for sale online, but a four piece palette is $14 on their website. I am in love with this eye shadow, and I love the color even more. I have used it as an eye shadow and as a highlighter and it's just gorgeous. It's very smooth and it reflects light beautifully.
And last but not least is the Nourish Organic Renewing Eye Cream made with Avocado and Argan. ( $19.99 on their website). I can't possibly give you a full review on this one, since these products tend to work overtime but so far, so good. I like the texture and consistency and it doesn't have a scent which I really appreciate. It makes my eye area feel tight and refreshed.
 
So that was it for January! If you do the math, it's roughly $42.48 worth of products, not counting the bag, for $10. And that, my friends, is pretty cool in my book. If you want in on Ipsy, please consider joining by using the following referral link:


 It will give me some points that I can later redeem for beauty products.

Thank you so much for reading!

Disclaimer: These are my views and mine only, Ipsy (or any of the companies mentioned above) are not, in any way, compensating me for this review.

Love, 
Zayda

No comments:

Post a Comment