Friday, June 14, 2013

The Flying Pan - Blue

Holy brunch, Batman, this place is awesome!
The first time I heard about The Flying Pan, I was instantly drawn to the name, and wanted to try it just because of it. The conversation went something like this:

That Guy: "And if you turn right, there's The Flying Pan."
Me: "The Frying Pan?"
That Guy "No, The Flying Pan"
Me: "Flying?" *makes flying movement with her arms* "Is that a mistake? Why would a pan fly?" 
That Guy: "I don't know. Anyway, they have good brunch." 

A few months after that, I finally visited the flying pan and I found it completely adorable that their logo is actually a pan with wings. I've been there three times ever since. I decided to combine two of those times in this blog so you can get a good look at quite a chunk of the menu and go try it too!
As it's usual in Korea, this place also have the cutest tiny details all over the place. I loved their Newspaper style menu and the mismatched chairs, their French feel and the way they presented the water.
 The Flying Pan can be a little pricey, but it's well worth it. For an every once in a while treat, it really is not too bad, specially because their portions have great sizes and will easily feed two if all you want is a light meal.
This is a whole new take on Brunch. The food is usually accompanied by spinach or other vegetables, and it never feels too greasy or too heavy. So, enough of chitchat, I bring you the food! The time I went with Mary, Gill, Mischa, Meg and Tracie, I ordered the Ham and Brie French Toast, which I thought was going to have ham and cheese on top, but it was instead stuffed with it, making it that much more amazing.
 This is another French Toast but I can't remember what this one is called. It's the one with orange anyway.
 Tracie ordered the Eggs Benedict - Ham. I ordered those too in one of my other visits and they are AMAZING. I actually got sad when my food was over. They are really, really good.
 Gill decided to go with a slice of Carrot Cake this time and she loved it. And she's pregnant, so you better believe her.
From a different visit, with Kaylynn and Lindsay here are some shots. I can't remember what this drink was that Lindsay ordered, but it sure looks delicious,
 Lindsay also had the Eggs Benedict with Smoked Salmon, which are both delicious and healthy!
 Fatty old me couldn't go with healthy, no. I had to order the Bacon French Toast WITH a side of scrambled eggs, because I was really hungry. I kinda wished afterwards that I didn't have ordered the eggs, but I didn't think the French Toast was going to be so filling. Huge portions, people. Seriously.
 I couldn't help snapping a few more of this place's details. Too cute. I think the only bad thing that this place has is that the bathroom is not conveniently located. So pee at home before you go.
I have to say that my favorite little thing of this place was this reference to Alice In Wonderland. If you know me, you know I'm a sucker for Alice and well, this just made my day.
Besides brunch, The Flying Pan also offers sandwiches, soups and salads, and they also have a small dinner menu that looks just as good as their other stuff does. So if you're willing to spend a little more for great food, get yourself to The Flying Pan. You wont regret it. I am looking forward to trying their pancakes and crepes, because I have read they are also really good. I guess I need to cheat on my beloved French Toast every once in a while. The Flying Pan also has restaurants in Sinsa-dong (Flying Pan White) and Gangnam (Flying Pan Red) so I might visit one of those next time!

More Information:
Directions: Itaewon Station, Line 6, Exit 2. Turn left on the first alley, The Flying Pan will be on your right.
Pricing: Entrees range between 16,000KRW and 20,000KRW. Desserts between 6,500KRW and 8,000KRW
Read Lindsay's Experience here: http://rlcraboda.blogspot.kr/2013/04/the-flying-pan.html
Mischa also has some information here: http://norhymeorreason.weebly.com/1/post/2013/06/the-flying-pan-blue.html
and you can find Trish's take on this place, here: http://www.sixinseoul.com/10/post/2012/08/flying-pan-blue.html
Phone Number: 02-793-5285
Hours: They open at 10:30AM, no idea at what time they close!
Foreigner Friendly

Thank you for reading!

Love,
Zayda

No comments:

Post a Comment