Friday, June 21, 2013

The Alley

In my humble opinion, this place is one of the hidden treasures of Itaewon. And I say hidden because I would have probably never seen it if I wasn't heading to eat somewhere else. The name says it all. This lovely place is located in the heart of one of Itaewon's alleys and, since we're always looking to try new places, we decided to ditch our original plan and have lunch here instead.
The Alley has great ambiance and not one, but two art galleries featuring lovely artwork. They even have something call "Art Bread", which I'm dying to try but we didn't ordered it this time because, as much as I would love to, I can't eat all of the menu every time I go out, but I am looking forward to trying this the next time I go to The Alley.
 I loved all the colorful artwork. It was very bright and cheery. Totally my kind of thing.
 I also loved these hand-drawn pictures of South Korea. They were absolutely beautiful.
 The Alley offers several types of bread and toast, sandwiches, rice, pizza, pasta, soups and salads. They also have a variety of cocktails and wine. My husband decided to go for the pasta of the day, which this time around came with beef and that beef was absolutely amazing. I ordered the Croque Madame and I absolutely loved it too. The food tastes very fresh and the portions are the right size. The service is outstanding as well!
This place will easily become one of our favorite spots and we will definitely visit it again. I am NOT leaving Seoul without a photo of that Art Bread. 

More Information:
Directions: Noksapyeong Station, Line 6, Exit 3. Walk Straight to the crosswalk towards Itaewon. Turn right into the first alleyway (Where the Pizza Peel is),  keep walking past the Pizza Peel. The Alley should be right next to it.
Pricing: Entrees range from 7,000KRW to 16,000KRW. There is something for everybody.
Foreigner Friendly

Thank you for reading!

Love,
Zayda

No comments:

Post a Comment