Monday, February 4, 2013

Bridge Hunters!

It was a regular Wednesday. I had to go on base to figure out some paperwork and had no plans to do anything else, but my friend Tracie had something else in mind... we went bridge hunting! South Korea is one of those places (not that I know a lot of them) where everything looks interesting. I don't know if it's because I am not from here, but I am always amazed by the amount of detail in everything I see. So Tracie decided that we needed to see this bridge. And we went, and we saw the bridge.
 The Seocho Bridge can be found next to the National Library and it really is a cool bridge. I was excited to see it. It's the little things. It's really fun just to wander around Seoul and see amazing things like this.
 I was really bummed because I didn't have my camera with me, but Tracie, as awesome as she is, brought "Rusty" with her for me to use. Rusty is her extra camera, he's just a little clumsy and had a little accident, and that's how he became the spare. I liked shooting with Rusty. It's another Nikon model that I hadn't used before.
 We climbed those cool looking stairs so we could get on the bridge and we found a cute looking bunny! In the pictures he looks kinda evil but I was worried about him. It's cold these days and he was scratching himself a lot, but I noticed a lot of lettuce on the floor so I knew he was being taken care of.
 We kept walking the trails and finding cool stuff. I'm still wondering what a Grandfather rest area is.
 We also found a weird looking sculpture. After debating what it was or what it looked like for a few minutes, we decided we would just go for kissing caterpillars. Or something.
 We found another bridge at the end of one of the trails, but it looked really muddy on the other side and we didn't have appropriate footwear, so it's an adventure for next time!
 Also, more bunnies! These adorable fur balls were snuggling and cuddling. I was *this* close to trying to pet them but I controlled myself and let them be.
You can also find a cool looking dog park up there. I always feel so sad when I see this because I miss my dog so much!

I know she would be so happy here, with all the parks and now the snow. That pooping dog looks just like her!

Exploring with Tracie is always a lot of fun and I can't wait to see where we will go next!

More Information:
Closest Subway Station: Seocho, Line 2, exit 6. Walk straight out of the exit; library is on the left.

Thanks for reading!
Love,
Zayda

No comments:

Post a Comment