Thursday, August 9, 2012

Officially unemployed.

Today, was my last day at my job. 

I had been working at a daycare center for a year now. I loved my job for the most part, I adored my children and was very happy to work Monday through Friday, instead of never having a weekend off like it was in my previous job. Sure, it had its ups and downs, but it was a great experience. 
My Classroom
Last Friday, I put in my two weeks notice because of the move, and to be completely honest, I am so overwhelmed with everything that needs to be done, that even though I was sad to leave, I couldn't wait for those two weeks to be over. I still needed the money so I was determined to stay 'til my two weeks were up. Turns out, I needed some extra training to be able to work after my one year mark (tomorrow), and I completely forgot about it and didn't do it, so my boss told me I couldn't go to work tomorrow. I decided it wasn't worth spending the money in more training right now, to work for just another week so today ended up being my last day.

I still volunteered to go on Friday to the kids' end of Summer party, I want to say goodbye to them.

I'm really going to miss my children. They gave me some headaches, but they also made me laugh all the time, and most of all, they made me feel young and were my excuse to keep buying art supplies and Hello Kitty crap. I just love them to death and it breaks my heart to leave them, but each one of them will always hold a piece of my heart.

I feel really weird and out of place right now. I have been working non-stop for a year and a half now and suddenly it stops. It's just hard to think that I will wake up tomorrow morning and there won't be a place where I HAVE to be. The fact that I am now unproductive and not making any money is driving me crazy. I hope I can find a good job in Seoul, because I really like having my own money, and I'm sorta used to it by now.

I guess I'll see what tomorrow brings. It does feel kinda good going to bed without setting up an alarm that will get me out of my lovely dreams at the crack of dawn. 

Love,
Zayda

No comments:

Post a Comment