Saturday, January 7, 2012

Movies Of The Month #7 - December 2011


It's been a while since I've done a Movies of the Month post. It's actually been a while since I've had free time to watch as many movies as I did before. I'm usually tired from work... I used to never fall asleep watching a movie, and I've found myself doing the same thing over and over. Also, it doesn't help that I've been using all my free "tv time" to play Alice Madness Returns on the PS3... so yeah, not that many movies. This month I watched: 

Flowers in the Attic
How the Grinch stole Christmas
Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
The Hangover Part II
The Simpsons Movie
The Sound Of Music





Sweeney Todd is one of my favorite movies. First of all, It's Tim Burton and Johnny Depp, my favorite movie combo, but besides that... it has everything. It's dark, it's twisted, it's whimsical, it's visually striking. I scored the Blu-ray for like 8 bucks on Cyber Monday and I've been watching the special features and they are also great, they include Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham-Carter talking about how they worked to learn to sing for the movie and all kinds of fun stuff like that. Pure awesomeness, I hope I get to see the actual play someday. 





I don't care if it's cheesy, corny or whatever people want to call it. I absolutely love this movie, the feeling, the singing... even sometimes the over-acting makes me smile.




I remember watching flowers in the attic when I was a little girl. Part of me remembered four children locked up in an attic and someone being mean to them. I was browsing through Netflix and I saw they had it on Instant Watch now and I decided to watch it again, so I could remember better. Holy crap. I have no idea why my mother let me watch this as a child. This is an incredibly twisted story, and a great movie. I'm planning on reading the book sometime this year.

Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment