Monday, February 2, 2015

Luci D'Artista in Salerno 2014

Well hello there! It is about time for me to start blogging again. It's been a long, long while and I have SO much to catch up on it's ridiculous. You'll be seeing new Italy stuff and old Korea stuff all together. So much stuff.

Today I am sharing with you the Luci D'Artista at Salerno! Salerno is a small town along the Amalfi Coast. It takes us about an hour to get there and we paid 2.70 euros each way for tolls. This was our first time visiting this town and we will surely be going back 

Every year around Christmas and New Year, the town sets up a Christmas lights display and this year it was so, so beautiful. We were a bit misinformed and didn't have a map and were all over the place, but apparently the theme was fairy tales? I am not sure, all I know is they were beautiful and I can't wait for next year!
 Make sure to get there early, you might not see it in my photos but it gets terribly, terribly crowded. Just getting there was a traffic nightmare!
 We had had a very light lunch so we were starving. Italians have dinner quite late for our standards and we have been trying to get used to it but it's hard. Every Restaurant or Trattoria we approached didn't open until 7:30 or 8:00, so we decided to eat here:
 Doctor Eggs is a small, fast food place and it sells egg sandwiches. They have different kinds and they all looked fantastic. They also have vegetarian and vegan options. I had a mozzarella and prosciutto one and it was so good! I had a big smile on my face because everything was egg themed. I miss themed stuff (blame Korea!) so this was a great thing for us to do.
 We walked around the town for a little bit and saw a lot of interesting shops.
 It was really fun seeing the lights. Next time we will make sure to go on a weekday instead of a weekend to avoid most of the crowds. And we will bring Chelsea!
 As usual, thanks for stopping by! Stay tuned for more Italy stuff!

Love,
Zayda

No comments:

Post a Comment