Monday, December 30, 2013

Reading List - 2013

Well hello there!
If you read my New Year's Resolutions post, you know one of them was to read at least one book each month. When I was working, back in Georgia, this seemed like an impossible task. Honestly, I barely picked up a book (Unless you count the ones I read to the children at story time). I was so exhausted all the time with long hours and housework that I didn't really feel like it. It was sad really, because I have loved books since I first learned how to read. Since moving to Korea, I have found this love again and I plan on never letting it go. Yes, I am busy here. And Yes, I'm trying to run my own business but I somehow found the way to set aside a little time to get lost in new worlds.

If you're reading this post, it's because I achieved my goal of reading at least 12 books this year. Yay, me! It didn't exactly go as "a book, a month"  but I still managed to read 18 books throughout the year. And yes, graphic novels DO count. The books are listed under the month in which I finished them, which means that even though I have just started Aztec by Gary Jennings in 2013, it will be listed under (hopefully) January 2014.

So here they are, my books for 2013.

January
1. Neil Gaiman - Anansi Boys

February
2. Chuck Palahniuk - Damned

March
3. George R.R. Martin - A Game of Thrones
4. Gabriel García Márquez - Doce Cuentos Peregrinos

April
5. George R.R. Martin - A Clash of Kings
6. Neil Gaiman - The Sandman Vol.1 Preludes and Nocturnes
7. Neil Gaiman - The Sandman Vol. 2 The Doll's House
8. Neil Gaiman - The Sandman Vol 3. Dream Country

May
9. George R.R. Martin - A Storm of Swords
10. Neil Gaiman - The Sandman Vol. 4 Season of Mists

June
11. George R.R. Martin - A Feast for Crows

July
12. Jeffrey Brown - Vader's Little Princess

October
13. George R.R. Martin - A Dance With Dragons

December 
14. David Wong - John Dies At The End
15. Jeff Kinney - Diary Of A Wimpy Kid: Hard Luck
16. Neil Gaiman - The Sandman Vol. 5 A Game Of You
17. Neil Gaiman - The Sandman Vol. 6 Fables & Reflections
18. Neil Gaiman - The Ocean at the End of the Lane

Lots of "A Song of Ice and Fire" and Neil Gaiman this year, huh? I am eagerly waiting for the 6th book from R.R. Martin. Hurry up, dude! What did you read this year? I am always looking for recommendations! Also, feel free to add me as a friend on Goodreads. Just look up Zayda Barros. I just opened an account and I think it's a fabulous app to keep track of what you've read and to find new and interesting books!

Thanks for reading!

Love,
Zayda

No comments:

Post a Comment