Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Yeouido Cherry Blossom Festival 2013

Last Sunday, the hubby and I went to the Cherry Blossom Festival in Yeouido. This festival happens every year when the Cherry Blossoms are in full bloom, which is about two weeks. I have always loved Cherry Blossoms and used to dream about going to Washington DC during Spring so I could see them. Who would have known I was going to end up here, where they bloom everywhere and they have a festival just for them? Here are some shots we took while we were there.
 We decided to go early to avoid the crowd. Even so, there were still quite a few people there. It was a little foggy in the morning, but then it cleared out to a bright, beautiful blue sky.
 We took our tripod with us so we could have some pictures together!
 Aren't they absolutely gorgeous? Something about knowing they wont look like this for long made me want to keep taking more and more photos.
 As you can see, we love being goofballs.
 I love that Korea has designated photo spots! I think it's awesome!
It was an amazing day. I just love spending time outside with my love. Doing what I love the most with the one I love the most. The only thing missing was Chelsea. My new dream is to have a Cherry Blossom photo shoot including her. Hopefully it will come true in the future.

Unfortunately, the festival is now over but the blossoms are still there, I think for a couple more days until they start turning green. I might not be done taking photos of them just yet. Maybe.

More Information:
When?: Every year, for about two weeks around mid-April.
Subway: National Assembly Station, Line 9, Exits 1, 2 or 6.
Pricing: Free, but you will find a lot of people selling goodies!

Thank you for reading!

Love,
Zayda

No comments:

Post a Comment